Follow the instructions below to set up your Smart Modem Gateway (VX420-G2H) for Home Wireless Broadband.
First, ensure you have:
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An available electrical outlet.
- Your iiNet Micro SIM card has already been inserted for your convenience. Please do not remove the SIM card.
- Place the modem in a clear space near a window, avoiding direct sunlight. Placing the modem on the floor or in a cupboard may cause a weak signal.
- Use the supplied power cable to connect the modem’s POWER port to an available power outlet, then turn the modem on using the ON/OFF button.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes for the modem’s Power, 4G, Internet and 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi lights to turn on and settle.
- If the 4G light is red, move your modem to another location, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight.
- You can use an additional Ethernet cable to connect a computer to any of the 4 LAN ports.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name (SSID) and password on the barcode sticker on the base of your modem.